Monday, May 27, 2013

Progress Report Call…from SRM

9:00AM

I was awake but resting when the call came in. Our wonderful nurse called to update us on how the other embry-babies were doing. Yesterday at the retrieval she said they had 6 of the 8 that were growing. So after implanting 1 there were 5 left. She mentioned yesterday they were not growing great but there was no indication that we would receive the news that we did this morning. Only ONE made it to the freezing stage. They all quit growing and were not viable.

Please do not misunderstand, I am thankful for the ONE, of course, and the one that is hopefully still growing in my belly but this was incredibly devastating news. I did have a dream for the number of our future children. Now that is not possible—on this round at least. I am not sure we can afford another/second round. The freezing of the embryos was our security of our future family. If this baby doesn’t take, and the odds are 50/50 based on how it was growing, then we only have one other embryo baby to try.

This is not the wiggle room we anticipated. This is not the family we had planned. This is NOT what we expected. Miles and I spent the morning in tears. I can’t explain how devastating it is to hear that only one survived. I am a hot mess of tears and emotions. I am pretty certain that Miles was preparing himself for the worst…that it would take a couple “tries” to get one that stuck until we could announce officially that we are pregnant. Now, we don’t have that luxury. We are praying this one sticks…and the next one. I did have dreams for twins on the next go around, and that statistically is not longer probable. Call me selfish and pessimistic but right now it feels like our dreams are dying.

I know that God has us and His plan. His ways are hard to understand sometimes. We are trusting HIM. And know that He only gives us His best, but sometimes there is pain in the offering. Blessed be His name.

Holding my breath.  Too scared to dream.

5 comments:

HickChickBritt said...

Praying hard for you guys! Maybe that was God's way of telling you, you don't get to pick how many kids you will have? Hugs, that the little one is doing well inside you!!!!

Molly said...

Praying lots for you and the little one inside! Love you!

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui's Space said...


Every time I pray for you this verse comes back to me. Psalm 18:1-3
I love you, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.

God's not just watching the now he has our whole lives out in front of his view.

I picture you with open hands and a open heart calling out to God. Singing his Praises even in the dark moments and I see him wrapping you in his arms. His rock strong arms just holding you safe.

You have gone into this with open arms, you have sang praises, even when it's hard. You are living to make God famous. You have taught me, encouraged me and just amazed me.

I wish we could see God's plan. I wish I had the vision and could just tell you what is to come. But I can't. What I can do is keep trusting in God. Stand by you and give you my never ending prayers and love.

I love you sweet friend, and I am so thankful for God for you. I am thankful for our friendship and that I get to be here for you during this time. Praying!

Stacy said...

Sending our love and prayers!